Reading this article made me laugh a little bit. I find myself relating more and more to these articles. The author talks about the writing process. She says that in order to create that awesome paper or that award-winning novel you have to first write that "shitty first draft". We have to put it all on paper and review. She notes that in order to come up with these ideas we sort of have to write it all down and subconsciously make new ideas. Then go through and rewrite more drafts.
I love this article. It made me look at writing a little more differently. I don't feel like it's a hassle anymore to write. I laugh when she says, "If one of the characters wants to say well so what Mr. Poopy Pants?, then let her. I sometimes over think when I am writing the first draft and I try to even jump steps to get straight through to the final draft. Personally I should try to take my time, you know, just go with it. Sometimes I think that I am the only one who freaks out about writing. I wonder how authors can just make it look so easy and simple. But Anne notes that she panics still to this day. Uhhh what? She's been doing this for how long and she still freaks out?! Will I ever feel relaxed when writing? Probably not. I found it interesting that she was a food critic. I found it more interesting when she said she lost subscriptions to her reviews. I was honestly laughing out loud. She shows that it's okay to be who you are when you are writing and that nobody is perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment